Friday, June 25, 2010

2 more days!

Day 13:



Strasbourg, France


We walked across the Kapellenbrucka Bridge which was made of wood. The edges of the bridge are covered in flowers with swans floating below. The students were each given 12 franks to explore and purchase their own lunch.

Day 14:


Switzerland has the most amazing views. They have the Swiss Alps and beautiful lakes and ponds! Its almost like everything is fake! The city is surrounded by mountains. The country of Switzerland speaks four languages! French, German, Italian and Romansh. They are known for their Swiss cheese and chocolate! I have eaten ALOT of chocolate! Hehe!


I am so excited to head home and watch the movie Sound of Music. We saw the fountain that Juli Andrews and the children sang “Doe a Dear”, where the children hid in the cemetery from the Nazi Military. The Dad (can’t think of his name) was in the military and their military was switching over to go under the Nazis, but he refused to. Therefore, the family fled the country so he wouldn’t have to serve under them. The cemetery where they filmed this scene (where the family was hiding) was the most beautiful cemetery that I have ever seen. We also got to see the location where the children were hanging from the trees while their dad, Van Trap was driving down the road. If you haven’t seen the movie, go rent it!!  Or you can come over and watch it with me when I get home!

Day 16:


Paris here we come!! Today we are heading to Paris. Over the next few days I will have the opportunity to see many beautiful sites! From the Eiffel Tower and the Cathedral of Notre Dame to modern buildings such as the Pompidou Centre and the glass pyramids in front of the “Musee du Louvre”.


France is the third largest country in Europe (after Russia and Ukraine) It is also the most geographically diverse.


A little info about the Eiffel Tower: It was built in 1889 for the exposition Universelle on the century of the French Revolution, but has since then become Paris’s most famous monument. There are three levels that can be reached by foot or lift.


I just found out that it is very rare to see a table at a restaurant WITHOUT a bottle of wine.. this is my kind of city! I’m hoping that I will get to see Emma (my cousin) while I’m here! She and her fiancĂ©, Bubba, are here giving bike tours for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment