Friday, June 25, 2010

Paris Drivers are CRAZY!

Yesterday was amazing! The Eiffel Tower is so much larger then I could ever imagine!! I didn’t think that I was afraid of heights until I went up. You just keep going and going and going! Good gosh is it high (but so much fun!)




Today we went to the Chateau de Versailles, which was built during the reign of Louis XIV, the Sun King; it was the seat of the royal court from 1682 to 1789, when the French Revolution put an end to the monarchy. The gardens in the back of the Palace were AMAZING! I thought my few (very few) flowers at home (that I am sure are all dead from lack of water) were a lot of work... oh my! Wait till I post pictures. Note to self: Buy a bed like King Louis XIV- I wanted to jump right in! I am ready to be home in my own cozy bed. 18 days in a hotel bed... not so great.
Where Sound of Music was filmed. (fountain and grave yard)



We had lunch at the Paris Hard Rock Cafe! After lunch we were off to see the Cathedral de Notre-Dame. Of course it was astonishingly beautiful! ALL of the Cathedrals here are AMAZING... St. Ann’s Catholic Church back in Coppell is beautiful... but these have her beat. 



Notre Dame Catheral
This afternoon we went to the second highest point of Paris, Basilique du Sacre Coeur. (The Eiffel Tower comes in first!) We sat on the steps and listened to people sing, dance, and play instruments. If you ever go: Beware of the gypsies. They try to tie bracelets on you and then make you pay to have them cut them off... It was crazy!

By they way-- The drivers here are CRAZY!


I’m off to bed! It’s 12:30 here! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment