Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'm coming home!

The last day is here!!! We hopped on the bus to head to the Louvre Museum! Our guide told us that in order to see everything in the museum that it would take an entire year! It is the largest museum in the world. The most wanted art display that I wanted to see was the Mona Lisa by Leonardo!

 Surprisingly, it was much smaller than expected. Something I didn’t know...The Louvre is both a Palace and Colossal Art Museum. We were able to see the dining room and bedrooms of the King and Queen. (King XIV) When we entered the museum there was a beautiful glass and metal pyramid that was designed by Chinese-American Architect I.M. Pei.

Go Dawgs.. Hookem' Horns!



Our first flight is EARLY this morning. We are leaving this hotel in two hours... 2:30am! No sleep for the night! It’s going to be a long day tomorrow... BUT I’LL BE HOME!!

1 comment:

  1. I had such a good time sitting and reading all of your posts! Wow - you guys saw A LOT. Made me want to go so bad. Looks like a great trip. Loved your pics. Hope you're getting lots of rest (hate that jet lag!) and enjoy the rest of your summer.

    p.s. one of my dearest friends is the new nurse at Sonntag. I've told her all about you - you'll love her!

    ReplyDelete